Archives for the month October 2016 of Genesis8 Amstrad Page
CargoSoft is very proud to present you its new game: Imperial Mahjong.
Imperial Mahjong is a reflexion game based on the Chinese game called Mahjong Solitaire, in which the player must make all the tiles disappear by selecting pairs that match.
The game features several technical achievements, including the use of two outstanding new graphic modes:
- the EGX (Extended GraphX) that displays 16 colors in 320*200 instead of 4
- the EGX2 that displays 4 colors in 640*200 instead of 2
A full list of these achievements will be published, but once again we don't want to spoil the surprise! For the same reason, we will not show any screen shot for now, for you to discover the game by yourself.
Please run the game on a real CPC! The graphics were designed to run on the real hardware. It is much, much, much more beautiful on a real CPC old.
A preview version of SymbOS by Prodatron is available with wifi support (needs the M4Board extension card by Dukes.
Beware, this version isnt 100% stable.
First this game coming from Amiga will need 128 Kb memory, also on a 464 and 664 with an expansion memory. The game should be 50 images per second, with 3 special graphic modes.
The game will be showed at the RetroSevilla 20126 from the 21th to 23th october 2016.
Vector Vaults by Alberto Rodriguez Martinez is an arcade Amstrad CPC game, inspired by a Vectrex console game.
You can order a personalized version physical or not on the page up there.
After Space Pest Control (arcade), the Return of Traxtor (excellent rÃ©flexion game !), Golden Tail (arcacde), the next arcade game by Juan Martinez (Reidrac) is called Magica.
Slap Fight (A.L.C.O.N.) is a shoot them up already existing on Amstrad CPC since 1987. But like the R-Type remake, Abalore thinks he can do better. A first video of the scrolling is available on Youtube.
Abalore accepts every help possible to make this new remake.
CPCRetroDev 2016, the 4th edition of the retro game creation contest of the University of Alicante. This contest awards the best and most creative developers of the retro scene, able to develop the best games for Amstrad CPC 464. The main characteristics of this year’s contest are:
- AWARDS ( 1.050 € )
- PRO jury will be directed by The Oliver Twins, and will be composed by Escuela Politécnica Superior, RetroManiac, Devilish Games, Lucera Project, Fase Bonus, Amstrad Eterno and El Mundo del Spectrum.
- Special awards will be assessed by César Astudillo (Gominolas), Jon Ritman and Víctor Ruíz exclusively.
- Games awarded with a special mention will be given the special quality seal with the name of the award.
- A physical cassette edition with all presented games will be created and distributed.
- Any game themes are valid, as long as they are valid for all publics,
- An additional 5 points will be given to games including any kind of gesture to the game Camelot Warriors (Dinamic, 1986) for his 30th aniversary.
- Submission deadline: October, the 26th, 2016, 23:59h (CEST Timezone)
Before submiting, please do thoroughly read the contest rules. Then, develop your game and fill in the form below for submiting your entry. Please, ensure that you correctly provide your email address, so as we can contact you.
Here you may find some links to developer tools for Amstrad CPC:
If 2CDT is used to manage Amstrad CPC tape images, the new version of cpcxfs by Kevin Thacker is used to manage Amstrad CPC disk images.
This new version fixes :
- errors shown with static analysis
- cpcxfs will correctly set ERRORLEVEL command-line variable under more error conditions
- there is more bug I forget them sorry
New version of the 2CDT utility by Kevin Thacker which lets you create a tape image file (.CDT) or inject files inside.
New feature of this version : you can define the sync byte for headerless.
Corrected in this version :
- command-line processing under windows and linux has been re-written. It is a lot better
- if you uses the mode with 2 blocks and you gave it a file which was shorter than a block it would not write it correctly. Now fixed
- When using pure tone it didn't write the length of the '1' pulse correctly
- Some issues seen when running static analysis over the code.
Caprice Forever by FrÃ©dÃ©ric Coste is a modified version of the Caprice emulator (by Ulrich Doewich) for windows.
- Fix lightgun regressions
- Update tape auto playing
- Fix FDC Bad CRC faulty behaviour
- Fix FDC regression (Anneau de Zengara)
- Fix command line parameters
- Add some more command line parameters
- Restore disk sides flipping to read multi-sided disk images
- DirectX becomes default graphics renderer
- Add spanish machines
- Update disk autorun behavior
- Fix IPF decoding (KickOff2)
- Fix minor bugs
1985 Alternativo have written a remake of the Amstrad CPC game Oh Mummy! on the Sega Mega Drive console, with an Amstrad CPC game mode included. Download is available on their site.
Doomsday Lost Echoes is a graphical and text adventure game in english for Amstrad CPC which will be available soon.
It uses an adventure game engine DAAD (3rd gÃ©nÃ©ration after The Quill, 1st generation, and The Paw, 2nd generation) : DISEÃ‘ADOR DE AVENTURAS DE AVENTURAS AD (Adventure Designer for Aventuras AD).
DAAD permits to compress the adventure text in englaish with a good compression ratio, but cant do it well with another language like spanish.
There is another 3rd gÃ©nÃ©ration engine: SWAN, System without a name by Fergus McNeill for his Mindfighter game.
CPCTelera still at v1.4 is a multi platform (Windows with Cygwin, OS X and Linux) development framework for creating Amstrad CPC games in C and assembly. And you can now use WinCPCTelera by Arnaud6128 to test directly your CPCTelera programs on windows without using an emulator or a real Amstrad CPC.
Retro Game Asset Studio (RGAS) v1.2.4 by Lachlank is the next evolution of Amsprite (now defunct). You can create graphics, sound/music and levels for Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64.
Not enough time nor the reflexes needed to finish the R-Type remake by Cargosoft ? And you never saw the easter egg ? Just sit and relax while looking a the longplay done by Zeusdaz on Youtube.
Some music in a world of brutes, Golden Axe mixed with the SID of the Commodore 64 and the AY of the Amstrad CPC by Vincent GR.
Both tracks had different tempo and pitch so Vincent had to transpose C64 a bit higher to match the tempo with the CPC.
Roudoudou has released a new cruncher and decruncher in Z80 asm and C source (for the 1st variant, wait a bit more for the 2nd variant). Le dÃ©compresseur est rapide et de petite taille. The decruncher has a short size and is fast.
To be included in a development environment on PC.
One of the most waited games on Amstrad CPC is a conversion of a pinball game on Amiga : Pinball Dreams preview by Batman Group.
Opinions are unanimous : very nice port of this Amiga game on Amstrad CPC ! The keys used to play are :
- Control / shift left for left flipper
- Enter / backward slash for right flipper
- Cursor down to launch the ball
- Space to push the board
First, be aware that if you open your Amstrad CPC monitor, read all the text in french by Sylvestre (Sucres en morceaux) especially the part about the very high tension and direct current (DC), even if your monitor is disconnected from current.
This article will let you repair and calibrate your goold old Amstrad CPC monitor CTM640 or CTM644.
Buenos noche, CÃ³mo estÃ¡ ? Me gusta Mortadelo y FilemÃ³n desde mi juventud, y usted ? Hello everyone, I like Mortadelo y FilemÃ³n since I am young, a spanish comics by Francisco IbÃ¡Ã±ez. A cartoon Agents super zÃ©ro will be out on the 2nd november 2016.
It also exists as Amstrad CPC games with youtube longplay by Jgonza :
For more news, Go to home page