Archives of Genesis8 Amstrad Page from 1999 to 2020 about utility
Dream Walker is a new beta adventure game by Gareth Pitchford, written with the PAW adventure engine. It will be later written with DAAD to be ported to other platforms.
You must execute CP/M first to be able to launch the game.
Noel Llopis has written an Amstrad CPC diagnostic ROM which is now version 1.2 and whose sources are available on Github.
Changes since v1.1 are :
- fixing model detection
- changing the RAM detection algorithm to be able to tell bad RAM from no RAM
- Vendor and refresh frequency display
- Detection of Plus ROMs (English, Spanish, and French)
DSK lib v0.14 is a a golang library to handle Amstrad CPC disk images (.DSK) by Impact, coming with an command line utility (CLI). To compile the executable : go build -o dsk cli/main.go
Martine v0.30.0 is an utility written by the Impact group :
- converting JPG and PNG images to Overscan screen or window for Amstrad CPC (and Plus series)
- new tile map mode, which allow to analyze an image of a level game, and produce .imp and .til readable by tile tool from Impact
The last available version is v0.30 which was released the 14th September 2021. It is available for Windows, MacOS, ARM64 and linux.
Trebmint is the programmer of the Quigs language to write cross platform programs for SymbOS (Amstrad CPC, MSX et Elan Enterprise). He wrote a demo using the G9K framework for the graphic card V9990. Here are two videos showing it :
The new version of M4FE v2.0.3, a frontend for the wifi M4 board by Abalore is available. It fixes a problem loading SNA files with name lengths other than eight characters.
Soundtracker DMA v2.0 by Zik (Futurs) is released. It's a music composition software for Amstrad CPC+. It takes advantage of CPC+ audio DMA lists to allow AY-SID and AY sample sounds while keeping CPU load low. You may have heard of it before as the musics of CRTC3 demo by Roudoudou was done with a preliminary version of the tool. It needs 128 Kb of RAM, so 6128+ is needed.
And the bonus video with Roudoudou himself explaining his return on Amstrad CPC is worth its weight in gold, french inside of course but translated subtitles should be interesting for any computer user.
Noel Llopis has written an Amstrad CPC diagnostic ROM which is already at version 1.10 and whose sources are available on Github.
Changes since v0.91 :
- New main menu and summary screen
- Checking for 464 vs 664 models
- Fixed crash on DSK build
- Fix: Upper RAM test on Plus and GX4000 working again
- Improved keyboard layout in keyboard test
- Support for 464/664, 6128, and matrix keyboard layout (use TAB to cycle through them)
- Tries to autodetects Amstrad model and pick correct keyboard layout automatically
- Tries to autodetect ROM language and picks Spanish or French keyboard layout if necessary
- Fix: Upper RAM test doesn't trigger FDC
Noel Llopis has written an Amstrad CPC diagnostic ROM which is already at version 0.91 and whose sources are available on Github.
The WIP version 1.0l will permit to test the keyboard, whatever the language (qwerty/azerty).
Changes since v0.8 :
- Fixed ROM test hanging from upper ROM builds
- Detecting and testing all upper RAM up to 4MB (it can take a LONG time to test the full 4MB!)
- Esc aborts upper RAM test
- C3 configuration test uses a pixel not visible on screen
- Paging out M4 lower ROM to access system ROM
- No need to press a key after low RAM tests
- Holding ESC or Fire for 2 seconds exits keyboard test
Martine v0.28.0 is an utility converting JPG and PNG images to Overscan screen or window for Amstrad CPC (and Plus series). The last available version is v0.28 which was released the 26th February. It is available for Windows, MacOS, ARM64 and linux.
For more news, Go to home page