An information that I missed to relate in time : RUN! is an Amstrad CPC intro by BSC (code, music) and Rexbeng (graphics).
Archives of Genesis8 Amstrad Page from 1999 to 2020 about music
If you are curious enough, you can actually buy one being sold on Le Bon Coin.
Thanks to PulkoMandy for the information.
A new version of Mod Master XT beta 27 by FreddyV is available on Vogons. It lets you hear a lot of music modules formats on any PC under msdos even a PC XT (CGA), for example an Amstrad PC 1512/1640 or a PPC 512/640...
Soundtracker DMA v2.0 by Zik (Futurs) is released. It's a music composition software for Amstrad CPC+. It takes advantage of CPC+ audio DMA lists to allow AY-SID and AY sample sounds while keeping CPU load low. You may have heard of it before as the musics of CRTC3 demo by Roudoudou was done with a preliminary version of the tool. It needs 128 Kb of RAM, so 6128+ is needed.
On Serdashop you can found audio and video cards to be used mostly on PC. For example there are two cards which are connected to the parallel port of a PC, especially those which can't use ISA/PCI sound cards such as old portables :
- OPL3LPT which uses a Yamaha sound chip : OPL3 which you can found in many msdos sound cards starting with the Sound Blaster Pro 2.0). You can see the OPL3LPT being used wit the Police Quest 3 demo
- S2P, which permits to use General MIDI. MIDI was at msdos time the best sound ever, but MIDI expander were not cheap. You can see the S2P with the game Betrayal of Krondor (nice music)
Pulkomandy has created a card for Amstrad CPC(+) : Willy which lets you use an OPL3LPT or S2P on it. He wrote two programs to use the OPL3LPT which you can found on his page :
- SA2 Surprise! Adlib Tracker player by Madram
- VGM player by PulkoMandy (uncompressed VGM at the moment)
Check the CPCWiki thread for more informations and short videos of the Willy + OPL3LPT being used.
By the way, there are other ways to use MIDI on an Amstrad CPC, but it will be for another day (hint, use serial, usifac, LambdaSpeak...).
Carlc27843 has written for PICO-8 an Amstrad CPC AY-3-8910 sound chip emulator using undocumented 5512Hz 8-bit mono PCM channel, to compose or convert Amstrad CPC music by Dave Rogers :
- Cybernoid 2: The Revenge
- Stormlord 2: Deliverance
- Battle Valley
- Turbo Boat Simulator
- Bear-A-Grudge (ok this was Speccy only never on CPC, but it was one of Dave's favorites so had to be included)
Jeroen tel has written a un musical remix of Cybernoid 2.
For more news, Go to home page