The Odroid GO is a portable video game console with a LCD screen (320 x 240), battery, direction pad and 6 buttons (easy to build). It uses the ESP32 SOC microcontroller. The builtin firmware emulates old consoles (GB, GBC, NES, SNES, SMS, GameGear and Colecovision). More interesting, it can emulate a ZX Spectrum, MSX both using a Z80. So of course, it could lead to a possible Amstrad CPC firmware.
Archives of Genesis8 Amstrad Page from 1999 to 2018 about emulator
A new version r005.8.16.4 of the Amstrad CPC core for MiST by Renaud Helias is available.
Caprice Forever v2018-07 by Frédéric Coste is a modified version of the Caprice emulator (by Ulrich Doewich) for windows.
- Fix Z80 instructions display
- Fix theme display at first launch
- Fix minor bugs
To load an Amstrad CPC tape (or a ZX Spectrum one), you can use :
- a tape drive
- an Android phone with the tapDancer Virtual Datasette application
- the TZX Duino
In november 2017, a new version of the TZX duino was released with a percentage counter and a timer counter have been added to all screens, and in March 2018 the possiblity to do some firmare editing (type of screen, logo...).
You can buy the TZXduino in the author's shop.
ZEsarUX v7.0 is a multi platform emulator, Amstrad CPC 464 included. You can compile the unix sources directly or get a binary for :
- linux 32/64 bits
- Mac OS X
- Raspberry pi (raspbian)
Caprice Forever v2018-04 by Frédéric Coste is a modified version of the Caprice emulator (by Ulrich Doewich) for windows.
- Fix CRTC regression with "Turrican" but involving issues with "iMPdraw"
- Add Audio Speaker and PlayCity Line OUT or Internal option
- Add Audio PlayCity invert channels option
- Fix FDC regression to load "The Real Ghostbusters"
- Add Graphics explorer and Tile editor
- Drop ROM file for testing purposes
- Fix minor bugs
ACE v1.15 by Philippe Rimauro is an Amstrad CPC emulator for MorphOS.
Sugarbox v0.29, the Amstrad CPC(+) emulator is available. It features :
- Complete PLUS family support : 464+, 6128+, GX4000. All ASIC functions are supported (making modern demo like « CRTC3? or « Eerie forest » functionnal)
- SNA v3 is supported, with BRKS chunks (breakpoints generated by RASM or Winape)
- Various fix on full screen management (should not crash anymore)
- Various fix on DSK management. More dumps should be analyzed correctly
- IPF support : Generated IPF file should be more reliable (no more crash with Samdisk or DTC from kryoflux)
- Joystick support is better
- Sound have been reworked
A new version r005.8.15.1 of the Amstrad CPC core for MiST by Renaud Helias is available.
VGA counters fix... How can't I see that before ? (found while merging ZX-Uno version...).
Taken into account also in experimental r005.8.16c30 (experimental != validated)
For more news, Go to home page