Archives for the month May 2010 of Genesis8 Amstrad Page
First shipments of the SDCard HxC floppy emulator has started. You can download its documentation.
Another nice video with a 8bit theme and music : Rymdreglage - 8-bit trip by Rymdreglage.
Talking about Prehistorik 2 in the previous news, I saw on the wikipedia page that it was later ported to Game Boy and Super Nintendo Entertainment System, with a name change : Prehistorik Man. It was later ported on Game Boy Advance. There's also a DSiWare version of this game released in North America (only) on February 15, 2010.
You can see a video of Prehistorik Man for DSiWare on Youtube.
DevilMarkus has written another java utility : SAMdisk GUI, a GUI for SAMdisk by Simon Owen : a CLI utility for Windows 2000 and XP, used to transfer between physical SAM Coupé disks (both floppy and IDE) and disk images (DSK/MGT/IMG/HDF).
This utility requires a floppy drive connected to a standard motherboard connector. USB floppy drives cannot be supported as there is no way to access their embedded floppy controller chip.
It can transfer Prehistorik 2 for example.
Version 3 of SDiskEmul by Sundance, a floppy disk emulator, is available.
SDiskEmul works with Atari XE/XL (SIO mode), Atari gamme ST, Amiga (MFM mode) and Amstrad CPC. Writing is only possible with Atari .ST disks images.
Version 3 brings :
- installation without soldering on SCART,
- graphic resolution : 320x240 (40x32 characters),
- PS2 mouse port included,
- hardware and software optimization : performances up to 50%.
You can check a video of SDiskEmul v3 on Youtube.
Gavin Pugh updated his twitter account, XNACPC is now working, an Amstrad CPC emulator for Xbox 360.
Source code will be later available, but it could take weeks or months.
You can download Arkos Tracker v1.0 beta 2 for PC by Targhan.
Here's the changelist :
- Complete coding of the sound generating and outputing by myself. The emulation is more accurate, and will allow the implementation of samples and Sids in the future,
- Plug in your best MIDI Keyboard or any MIDI-In device, play and record your music with it,
- 150hz and 300hz replay modes are now available. They are very slightly slower than on a real CPC. Nothing you should notice...
- CPCBooster output is now very accurate,
- Ability to save Interleaved/non-Interleaved YM6 format,
- AKStoBin : a command line software to converts any AKS song into a binary to use on hardware (warning, you still need .Net to use it),
- STKtoAKS : a command line software to converts any STarKos songs into an AKS song (warning, you still need .Net to use it).
GameBase CPC v15 is out.
For more news, Go to home page