CPCRetroDev 2016, the 4th edition of the retro game creation contest of the University of Alicante. This contest awards the best and most creative developers of the retro scene, able to develop the best games for Amstrad CPC 464. The main characteristics of this year’s contest are:
- AWARDS ( 1.050 € )
- Special awards
- PRO Category
- 300 € : Best game
- 150 € : Second best game
- 75 € : Third best game
- BASIC Category
- 100 € – Best BASIC game
- 50 € – Second best BASIC game
- PRO jury will be directed by The Oliver Twins, and will be composed by Escuela Politécnica Superior, RetroManiac, Devilish Games, Lucera Project, Fase Bonus, Amstrad Eterno and El Mundo del Spectrum.
- Special awards will be assessed by César Astudillo (Gominolas), Jon Ritman and Víctor Ruíz exclusively.
- Games awarded with a special mention will be given the special quality seal with the name of the award.
- A physical cassette edition with all presented games will be created and distributed.
- Any game themes are valid, as long as they are valid for all publics,
- An additional 5 points will be given to games including any kind of gesture to the game Camelot Warriors (Dinamic, 1986) for his 30th aniversary.
- Submission deadline: October, the 26th, 2016, 23:59h (CEST Timezone)
Before submiting, please do thoroughly read the contest rules. Then, develop your game and fill in the form below for submiting your entry. Please, ensure that you correctly provide your email address, so as we can contact you.
Here you may find some links to developer tools for Amstrad CPC: