Symbos v2.0 is out :
- SymbOS has been ported completely to the Amstrad PCW/Joyce (screensaver works now, too).
- 1024KB support on all platforms; 24 applications can be loaded and executed now at the same time.
- "SymbOS extensions": This module can optionally be loaded during the booting process and adds new functions like the "Security" dialogue to the operating system.
- Richtext support and additional 16 colour controls
- SymbOS supports the handling of shared services. These are processes, which run in the background and provide their functions like accessing external hardware and other things to multiple applications at the same time.
- The file selection, info and confirm windows have been enhanced with several new options.
- SymShell includes new control codes for better VT100, VT52 and ANSI terminal emulation.
- The CPC version includes an optimized Mode2 screen driver and now operates nearly as fast in 640x200x2 as in 320x200x4.