Ultrasyd music pack 1 has been released by Ultrasyd, it's a music pack with four original STarKos tracks.
Fresh Amstrad CPC, PCW, Notepad NC100 NC150 NC200 and PDA600 news
Latest Youtube Videos :
You will find pictures of the 2 meetings Amstrad Expo and Klassentreffen 2009 on CPCscene.
There is a nice remake of Knight Lore for MSX2 created by Manuel Pazos (Guillian) and Daniel Celemín (LordFred). This remake features :
- Different palettes for day and night
- In game map that shows the player location, visited rooms and objects location
- Improved music (adding some reverb)
- Torch animation (can be disabled by pressing ESC while booting the game)
- Bug fixing of the original game
- Intro scroll showing the 'Mist tunes'
- On turbo R, the R800 is enabled to prevent slowdowns
Go on the RetroWorks website to get this remake and more :
- The game ROM (48K)
- A full game map using screenshots of this new version
- A user manual in PDF format
- Packing designs (cartridge label and box)
You can see a video of this Knight Lore remake on Youtube.
Last version of Joyce (v2.2.1) by John Elliott is still fresh (January 2009), it emulates an Amstrad PCW (including the PCW16) for Unix, Windows and MacOS X.
A new version of CPCDiskXP is available on CPC Mania. It's a .DSK file manager for windows XP, version 2.0 is from January 2009.
For the 25 years of the Amstrad CPC in 2009, Amstradeus (bilingual site, choose language at upper left of the page) is organizing a graphic contest till the 30th May 2009. You must send an image about the quarter of century of the Amstrad CPC in JPG or PNG to win a CPC 464 firmware book (in english).
The Real Sir Alan is a 60 minute show by Fiona bruce shown on BBC Two (11th January 2009) and BBC One (24th January 2009). It cant be seen anymore with the BBC iPlayer, but it seems to be on Youtube :
- The Real Sir Alan part 1
- The Real Sir Alan part 2
- The Real Sir Alan part 3
- The Real Sir Alan part 4
- The Real Sir Alan part 5
- The Real Sir Alan part 6
Also for the 5th year in a row, The apprentice show with Alan Michael Sugar is on the waves.
And for the end, if you still dont have read Alan Michael Sugar biography, I recommend it personally, I did read it and liked it.
Wiituka is a brand new Amstrad CPC emulator for the Nintendo Wii by D_Skywalk. It features :
- a comfortable interface that tries to look like Virtual Console
- online support for downloading games
- CPC Gunstick Emulation
Next version will feature :
- Redefine WiiMote Keys
- Game List with Screenshots
- Snapshot (and tape?) Support
- Roms details, votes and much more!
Seen on the comp.sys.amstrad.8bit newsgroup : the Stelladaptator allows the use of standard Atari 2600-compatible controllers, including joysticks (like the one used on Amstrad CPC), paddles, and driving controllers, with modern computers running Windows, Macintosh, or Linux operating systems. Any Atari 2600-compatible joystick, when plugged into your computer through the Stelladaptor will behave as a normal joystick. This allows the use of classic Atari controllers with any software that will work with an 8-direction digital joystick controller (left, right, up, down, and diagonals).