For the 25 years of the Amstrad CPC in 2009, Amstradeus (bilingual site, choose language at upper left of the page) is organizing a graphic contest till the 30th May 2009. You must send an image about the quarter of century of the Amstrad CPC in JPG or PNG to win a CPC 464 firmware book (in english).
Fresh Amstrad CPC, PCW, Notepad NC100 NC150 NC200 and PDA600 news
Latest Youtube Videos :
Jack the Nipper II In Coconut Capers
Jack the Nipper
Jack the Nipper
Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk
Fairlight II: a trail of darkness
Fairlight: a prelude
Legend of Kage (the)
Megablasters - Escape From Castle In The Clouds
The Real Sir Alan is a 60 minute show by Fiona bruce shown on BBC Two (11th January 2009) and BBC One (24th January 2009). It cant be seen anymore with the BBC iPlayer, but it seems to be on Youtube :
- The Real Sir Alan part 1
- The Real Sir Alan part 2
- The Real Sir Alan part 3
- The Real Sir Alan part 4
- The Real Sir Alan part 5
- The Real Sir Alan part 6
Also for the 5th year in a row, The apprentice show with Alan Michael Sugar is on the waves.
And for the end, if you still dont have read Alan Michael Sugar biography, I recommend it personally, I did read it and liked it.
Wiituka is a brand new Amstrad CPC emulator for the Nintendo Wii by D_Skywalk. It features :
- a comfortable interface that tries to look like Virtual Console
- online support for downloading games
- CPC Gunstick Emulation
Next version will feature :
- Redefine WiiMote Keys
- Game List with Screenshots
- Snapshot (and tape?) Support
- Roms details, votes and much more!
Seen on the comp.sys.amstrad.8bit newsgroup : the Stelladaptator allows the use of standard Atari 2600-compatible controllers, including joysticks (like the one used on Amstrad CPC), paddles, and driving controllers, with modern computers running Windows, Macintosh, or Linux operating systems. Any Atari 2600-compatible joystick, when plugged into your computer through the Stelladaptor will behave as a normal joystick. This allows the use of classic Atari controllers with any software that will work with an 8-direction digital joystick controller (left, right, up, down, and diagonals).
CPCGamesCD is a live CD by MiguelSky with emulators and the NVG Amstrad game collection. It has been updated :
- Includes frontend, new CPC Loader 2.4 by Troels K.
- Includes NVG games update 11.04.2009
- Includes Snap-Pack by MiguelSky (3576 images)
- Added new version 6.2 of JavaCPC emulator
- Includes Linux version of CPCLoader 2.4 and emus update
- Includes Maps folder of NVG and support for that
- Includes Links to T.A.C.G.R.
217 Euros for a Super Pack Gun Stick (Ubi Soft) on Ebay. I hope the buyer will enjoy what he bought.
The Amstrad expo 2009 meeting will take place from the 29th to the 31th May 2009 at the Espace Jeunes (F.J.T) in Coutances (50 - Normandie - France).
There will be 4 contests :
- Demo : 3D theme
- Demo : free theme
- Games : free theme
- Graphic : free theme
Cost for meeting, sleeping and eating :
- Inscription given before 20th may 2009 : 8 Euros
- Inscription after 20th may 2009 and directly on site : 10 Euros
Contact : eliot (at) cpcscene.com
As news doesnt appear as often as before, you now have a RSS flux to be informed when the site is updated.
It's never too late, well I hope.
The Amstrad CPC emulator PSPCAP32 by ZX-81 has been updated :
- Emulation speed (small improvements)
- Improve file requester with virtual keyboard to choose sequentially rom files beginning with a given letter
- Add documentation for settings in help menu
You can go on the Castellum secretum 3 meeting site which will occur on friday the 31th October to sunday the 2th November 2008 at Segré (near Angers, 49). More informations on the web site (in french).
The Amstrad CPC emulator WinAPE offers a new floppy controller and drive emulation, CPC Symbol fonts and a stack of minor enhancements and bug fixes.