Chris Wild has released a version 2.0.2 of Lords of Midnight for Iphone, OSX and Windows.
News about Amstrad CPC, PCW, Notepad NC100 NC150 NC200, PDA600 and also Amstrad PC
Latest Youtube Videos :
RECOIL is an application for Android, Windows, macOS and Linux to view 20th century computer pictures, including the Amstrad CPC. Seven pictures formats of the Amstrad CPC are recognized (some I dont know) :
- CM5+GFX (mode 5)
- FNT (8x8 font)
- HGB (HinterGrundBild)
- PPH+ODD+EVE (Perfect PIX)
- SCR+PAL (Advanced OCP Art Studio)
- SGX (SymbOS)
- WIN+PAL (Advanced OCP Art Studio)
CPCDiskAdapter by Michael Wessel is an universal Floppy Disk Drive Adapter for the Amstrad CPC. It's a PCB which lets you connecting disk drives other than the standard Amstrad DD1 / FD1 drives to the CPC via the disk controller, which usually requires some floppy cable mods. Moreover, these mods usually fix the drive to either being CPC A or B drive.
With this adapter board, one can flexibly use the DIP switches to select 2 out of 3 possible disk drives, and flexibly determine which one is A or B. Moreover, no more (destructive) cable mods are required with this board.
The following drives can be used:
- the standard Amstrad DD1 / FD1 3" floppy
- standard PC 3.5" floppy (with READY signal if possible)
- 5.25" floppy (with READY signal if possible)
- Gotek floppy drive
If the drive does no emit the READY signal, then it can be "faked" by grounding the READY line with the corresponding READY DIP switch (this is a standard CPC floppy cable hack)
A new version of the ANSI-C compiler SDCC v4.2.0 is available since the 8th March 2022 for windows, linux and MacOS.
- new balls
- more animation (the balls shine :p)
- monsters fall when you hit the ball
- small QR code (easier to flash)
- line didn't appear anymore after the first level (in hard mode)
- C4CPC & Dandanator version available (that only need 64k)
Noel Llopis has written an Amstrad CPC diagnostic ROM which is now version 1.3 and whose sources are available on Github.
Changes since v1.2 are : fixed upper ROM detection that was failing in some cases.
Rescue your uncle kidnapped by an indigenous tribe hidden deep in the jungle. You will have to return all their gold if you want to make your way through their temple and be able to rescue your uncle.
It's a platform game using the MK1 engine by The Mojons Twins and the WYZ player (and tracker) by Augusto Ruiz.
The python converter of MIDI music files written by Michael Wessel in python is availabe. It let you play MIDI files on an Amstrad CPC with two hardware expansions :
- The Ultimate CPC MIDI Sound & MIDI Interface Card by LambadMikel
- Willy which can use either a S2P by Serdashop to use MIDI or the OPL3LPT by Serdashop to play adlib music with SA2 Surprise! Adlib Tracker by Madram and a VGM player by PulkoMandy
Source of the MIDI player in Z80 assembly is available.
You are so used to it, but the cover of your Amstrad CPC disk drive has some informations. Why not getting an upgrade of these informations by getting the one made by Frédéric Bellec (ACME web site) ? It's available in azerty and qwerty, and in english.
If you still didnt buy the MegaCard to upgrade your MegaPC, there is another useful upgrade. Replacing the Megadrive ASIC on the ISA card as it's an early version with a bug. Beware, you need to be careful when removing the bugged ASIC and putting a new one coming from a Megadrive donor. It will let you use flash cartridges with more success like the MegaEverdrive PRO (other source here).